Warning to Ketoer's on Eating Eggs out in Restaurants - You Gonna Be Shocked!!!

Warning to Ketoer's on Eating Eggs out in Restaurants - You Gonna Be Shocked!!! 

This healthy-sounding Vegge omelet is made with little more than veggies, cheese, and eggs, but somehow packs more calories and BIG TIME CARBS ! 

Join us Free today on Facebook

Would yourgranny feed you a breakfast omelet packed with hydrogenated  oils, artificial flavors and colors, anti-foaming agents, wood pulp, and preservatives? I know my granny wouldn’t, and she would also agree that calling these so called omelets and  eggs "healthy" ” seems quite a stretch…

How’s that possible? Read below as I open your eyes on just how sneaky chain restaurants are and how one simple dish can blow your keto! 

The other day while traveling on a road trip we decided to make a quick stop in at I-Hop for a quick bite. It's already a challenge at times eating out on Keto - but this particular trip was extra difficult and eye opening ! 

After scouring through the menu I thought, OK, I'll be safe and order their Garden Omelet ) eggs, cheese, veggies) or their Colorado omelet ( eggs, cheese sausage, bacon, ham) )  - all the things I could have !! Or a plain burger no bun with veggies. 

Here's where the fun started , I asked the waitress if I ordered the omelet could I substitute the pancakes and hash browns that came with it for two other sides..she said yes but no meats ...Well that left fries, onion rings, mashed potatoes... bla bla all non keto ... and not what I want with breakfast anyway…..Then she proceeds to tell me that all the omelets and scrambled eggs are powdered and  made with pancake batter in them !!! Uggggg seriously - WTH ??

She was nice enough to tip me off and told me ..If you order scrambled eggs or an omelette at IHOP and if "You Want Freshly Cracked 100% Real Eggs ( cracked from a shell)  At IHOP You'll Have To Ask!!. ... 

So glad she did , because had I not known I would have thrown all my work out the window, tossed out of ketosis and been sick eating the standard gluten filled pancake batter and the Colorado omelet of 22+ Carbs in one meal - and considering my keto I keep my carbs between 5-10 per day! 

It’s just so darn shocking how easy it is for a sensible plate of eggs, veggies and cheese to transform into something evil when made at a restaurant. 
Also if your traveling and happen on the lovely hotels free continental breakfast perks . Or visit a nice Sunday  Breakfast buffets or restaurants after church with family and friends ...When you think those big heater pans of scrambled eggs are shell fresh eggs - THINK AGAIN ! Restaurants use  powdered egg with flour and starch additives wackly preservatives , MSG and sugar to add sweetness to make omelets, scrambled or egg bakes - they are cheaper, less waste and the need to not have so many fresh eggs on hand ! 

So don't be afraid to ask and say Use Only Fresh Shell Eggs due to allergies and  to be safe order fresh eggs in the form of FRIED, or Poached - you know it's a real egg. And also don't be afraid to say - only use real butter to fry my eggs in - your the customer paying! 

Happy Ketoing!
Tia Maria

Want more Keto Recipes like this Pumkin Spice with only 1 Carb - 50 Calorie Sweet Creamy Pumpkin Spice Latte ?