Home Made Pasta in 5 Easy Steps ( Bowl to Plate) !



Did you have something special that was cooked in your house on Sundays? My mother always made pasta, not always home made. But when she did - it was wonderful. I am grateful that I paid attention when she did and making pasta is something that I love to do when I'm over my stress limit, just need to have that one on one time with myself, do some serious thinking... Well,  today was one of those days.... I also I thought I would share my recipe with you... Enjoy , any questions just ask in the comments and I will answer. 
Click READ MORE BELOW.....

Step 1- Make the Dough 
Makes 1 Pound - You can double this recipe also.
Ingredients

  • 3 1/3 Cups of all-purpose flour
  • 3 TBS Veg Oil
  • 2 Tsp Salt
  • 1/2 Cup Warm Water
  • 2 Whole Eggs

Mixer Method - The simplest thing to do is your mixer with bread attachment. Add all ingredients and let it works its magic for about 5-8 minutes , I will watch it and sprinkle in flour, stop and test it  for that softness non sticky I am looking for.

By HAND Method -- If you don't have a  mixer , no problem. Just make a big mound of the flour on your work surface, create a well , add in the eggs, oil , salt and water and keep working it from the sides, kneed till you get that soft pliable dough that has the silky feeling of soft make up on your face. You will know it...

Step 2 -OK So this is where I am at here- Ive mixed and made my dough . You want your dough like the feel of soft make up- not sticky . So if you have to I add sprinkles of flour and keep kneading. Alright this is the important step. Just cover this ball of dough with a bowl and walk away for an hour. Its time to let that gluten do its magic.

Step 3 - After the hour has passed, this is the fun time. I cut off Small pieces and roll them nice and thin, and then cut them in strips. Remember to use lots of flour to keep from sticking, then just gently pick them up and put them in a pile. I will toss with little flour here and there.- Dont be afraid of your flour, trust me you dont want a sticking mess every where.


Step 4 - I didn't get a pic, my camera died - In a big pot of water, add in a few teaspoons of oil, bring to a boil. Add in all the pasta a little at a time, Be sure to  shake the flour off  and then,  add to boiling water-  then stir. Let cook about 10-12 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.

Step 5- At this stage, its up to you what your going to do with your pasta- its Pasta Now !! Today I made a light Garlic Butter Marinara and tossed it in to it. That Recipe is simple and is as follows

4 Cloves of Garlic chopped fine
1/2 Diced White Onion
3 TBS Olive Oil
4 TBS- Butter
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
Pinches of Oregano , Basil and Parsley.

HEAT - the oil and butter , add in garlic, onions and saute then add in the can of diced tomatoes., I drained a little juice off. Add in your spices and simmer to reduce a little. Then toss in your home made pasta, bring to temp and enjoy.


From my Kitchen to Yours
Bon Appetite"
Nana...