- ** HOME **
- PR- MEDIA KIT -Why You should Work With Me!!
- Blogger Resources
- Easy Recipes for Everyday Cooking!
- Printable Coupons ( Updated Daily)
- 2017 Holiday Gift Guide- Get Your Product Seen by Millions for the YEAR!!!
- PRINT Manufacture Coupons - Updated Daily
- Cooking with Nana!
- Walmart Match Up
Italian Soup UNDER $5 - One Step Crock Pot Recipe ( serves 8)
Cooking on a budget can be tricky sometimes. Here is a great rainy day - chilly soup recipe that you can make for under $5 and probably have everything in your pantry ! I have been making this soup for years and my kids love it. This makes a full crock pot full and will easily serve 8 people. It freezes well also.
How I do it under $5 - Aldis , Walmart, Dollar General and Dollar Tree all carry these products for $1 and less)
(2) Cans ( 28 oz) of Crushed Tomatoes ( $1 )
(2) Cans ( 14 oz) of Diced Tomatoes (0.50 each)
(1) Can ( 14 oz) Beef Broth ( $1 )
** ( if you do not have any - grab some of your beef seasoning or a beef gravy packet and make your own adding it to 2 cups of water- this soup is forgiving. You can even ad Chicken Broth or Veggie Broth if you like) I happen to like the beef flavoring in this soup.
(1) Onion Chopped
(2) Large Cloves of Garlic minced or you can use garlic powder as well.
Seasonings to taste, Italian Seasoning, Parsley, Oregono, Basil, Salt and Pepper.
Add everything to your Crock Pot - Turn on High for 3-4 hours and Enjoy - season to taste as much as you like
Tips - You can add anything you want to it. Veggies ( zucinni, spinach, mushrooms, etc, what ever you like , if you would like, you can even add ground beef, chicken or ground sausage to it, if you want to add meats . But I like it just the way it is. I also will cook up some elbow mac and let others add it to their own soup bowls if they like. Sprinkle Parm on top of it also if you like. Like I said this is a soup that you can do anything with.
Freezer Tips - Put left over soup in Gallon Size Zip Lock Bags and Freeze Flat in your freezer. Great for limited storage .