Disclosure: This blog received compensated by Avocados From Mexico for my participation in this campaign as part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network.
Did you know that Avocados From Mexico are the only avocados available via produce 365 days of the year? In Fact,, Avocados from Mexico make up more than 60 percent of the U.S. market.
One of our favorite recipes is "New York Deli Guacamole," which can be found right on the Avocados from Mexico recipe page. It's super easy to whip up and everyone loves it.This recipe is perfect for party appetizers, game-day foods or just a simple snack.
Photo and Recipe from
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the avocados with the cucumber, red onion, capers, dill, lemon juice and salt. Mix until fully combined.
- Spoon the guacamole into a serving bowl, top with the diced cream cheese and smoked salmon and garnish with more dill.
- Serve along with bagel chips or toasted bagels.
- Note: Alternatively, skip the cucumber in the guacamole and serve the guacamole with cucumber sticks or spoon into seeded cucumber quarters, garnished with dill
A few facts about avocados
- They are a nutrient-dense fruit that contain beneficial nutrients, minerals, and plant compounds to enhance the nutrient quality of your diet.
- They can fit into a variety of healthy eating plans.
- They act as a “nutrient booster” to help the body absorb more fat-soluble nutrients from foods eaten with them.
- One-fifth of a medium avocado (1 oz.) contributes nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, making it a good choice to help meet nutrient needs.
- Their creamy consistency makes them one of the first fresh foods a baby can enjoy, and they go great with other mashed fruits and veggies.
Fun Avocado From Mexico Facts....
- The avocado is a fruit! In fact, it’s a single-seeded berry.
- Because avocados come from plants, the fat contained within them is actually considered an oil — great news for fans of this incredible fruit!
- Outside of a great guacamole dip, the three other best ways to enjoy avocados are as a spread, a snack, and a topping
- Avocados are cholesterol, and sodium free, and more than 50% of the fruit’s fat content is monounsaturated.
- What makes avocados from Mexico the best? The rich Michoacán soil, the warm sunshine, the nourishing rain, the coastal air.
- As a nutrient-dense fruit, avocados contribute nearly 20 vitamin, minerals, and phytonutrients to your diet.
For more nutritional benefits and facts please visit :
Get Social with Avocados From Mexico