Why I love Baking with Silicone !


Today I got to the chance to test out Chelsydale's Silicone Baking Cups. They come in a package of 12 with 2 colors each. They are very flexible yet held up well. What I liked most is you do not need a muffin time. Just sprayed with some non stick spray, poured my muffin mix in just like you would any metal muffin tin. Placed them on a cookie sheet and baked. I did not have to adjust my cooking time at all with them- turned out perfect muffins. They also cleaned up well, just popped them in some hot soapy water and washed as normal. I do not put my silicone baking products in the dishwasher because the pressure does tend to toss them around a bit. That's just me, but you can if you would like.

One of the neat things the kids and I do in the summer is we use our Silicone Baking Cups in the freezer. Fill with juice or koolaide and freeze. Fun to eat and makes great big ice cups for your glass that does not dilute your drink. Great Party effect too, try freezing your punch and then place them in your punch bowl !

Benefits of baking with Silicone. When using silicone items to bake with , one of my favorite things is how easy it releases from the baked good. I do always spray with a non stick spray. When you first start out you will want to adjust and watch your temps and baking times to get it just right. Normally I have no issues at all and go by all directions for my baking. I have noticed that with bread my times might be off a bit. But over all works wonderful.