DIY Condensed Soup Mix
This is a great pantry staple to keep on hand. How many times have you gone to make something and discovered you did not have a can of cream of condensed soup in the pantry?
Make this dry powder and you always have it on hand. Plus its so much less expensive than purchasing cans !
- 2 cups dry milk powder ( this is not dry instant milk - this is milk powder)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together with a whisk and store in airtight container or mason jar until you need it,
This amount = 1 can condensed cream-of soup.
Combine 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 ¼ cups water in a small saucepan. Whisk until smooth.
On medium heat, bring to a boil.
Whisk over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until thick.
For Different Flavors
* As in the seasonings before you prepare it above for each one.
- Cream of Mushroom - add chicken seasoning to taste.
- Cream of Mushroom- prepare and add in diced cooked mushrooms to taste
- Cream of Celery - add in celery seasoning to taste